PILOT PLANT DESIGN & UP-SCALING TO COMMERCIAL SCALE PRODUCTION
REDUCE YOUR RISK BY SPENDING LESS IN A PILOT PLANT TO GET THE PROCESS AND PRODUCT RIGHT BEFORE EMBARKING ON LARGE SCALE PRODUCTION.
APART FROM ESTABLISHING THE PRODUCT QUALITY FOR TEST MARKETING AND ACCEPTANCE, A WELL DESIGNED PILOT PLANT GIVES THE BENEFIT OF OPTIMISING THE PROCESS AND EQUIPMENT TO MINIMISE COST OF PRODUCTION.
ChemiProcess designs, optimizes, details and helps client to set up pilot plant facility for batch and continuous production. This has been the tried and tested approach to ensure trouble-free production in commercial plant.
Chemical Process Engineers principally recommends going through the step of Pilot Plant to proof the process on a small scale, irrespective of the source of technology.
This helps the investor in assessing the technology on a smaller scale at a lower investment thus minimizing the risk due to unforeseen uncertainty with respect to product yield, product quality, process losses, precise utility requirement, etc. This apart, going through the Pilot Plant stage helps in test-marketing of the product(s) and getting positive response from the potential customers. All necessary data should be collected during operation of the Pilot Plant, which then serves as the basis for design of large scale production plant.
ADVANTAGES WITH PILOT PLANT SCALE UP APPROACH:
Setting up a Pilot Plant also involves complete process engineering, detailed engineering and careful execution.
• Spend less and get the process and product right before embarking on full scale
• Establish balancing of multiple unit processes & unit operations involved in a production line to ensure 100 % utilization of equipment capacity.
• Tweak with production process in the pilot plant to minimize batch time which can ensure maximum capacity utilization.
• Establish the right type of solid-liquid filtration equipment; mixing equipment, reaction equipment, evaporation equipment, drying equipment, etc.
• Establish process control logic in the pilot plant to plan minimum control requirement in the commercial scale process
• Establish realistic energy efficiency figures
• Establish product quality through test marketing.
• Develop high confidence on product and process before making large investment